About Our Firm
The Gavin Law Firm has been published multiple times in noteworthy journals.
- A Comparison of the Modified Uniform Products Liability Act and Medical Malpractice Reform Legislation, 24 St. Louis University Law Journal 544, 1980.
- 1987- Annual Tort Law Update written and presented to the annual meeting of Illinois Defense Counsel.
- Railroad Diesel Exhaust and Lung Cancer, Trial Nov. 1992.
- Railroad Welders, Lung Disease and the FELA, Trial Feb. 1993.
- Review, Train Accident Reconstruction & Railroad Litigation, 2d. Ed., Nov. Trial 1995.
- Author, Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law In Illinois for National Business Institute on May 18, 2006.
- FELA and the Fear of Cancer, Trial Jan. 2011.
- The FELA Case for Cancer Caused by Environmental Tobacco Smoke and Diesel Exhaust, Trial Journal, Vol. 16, No. 2, Summer 2014, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
- Railroad Environmental Tobacco Smoke, Diesel Exhaust and Cancer, American Association for Justice Railroad Law Newsletter, Spring 2015.
Click on the links below to view samples of Bill Gavin’s publications.
Seminars / Presentations
William Gavin has made presentations at seminars across the nation.
- Presentation of How to Handle a Railroad Diesel Exhaust Claim in the 1998 meeting of the Railroad Section at the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Trial Lawyers Association in Washington, D.C.
- Practical Marketing Tips to the Illinois State Bar Association on January 11, 2003.
- Speaker, Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law in Illinois for the National Business Institute on May 7, 2004.
- Speaker, Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law From Start to Finish In Illinois for National Business Institute on May 17, 2005.
- Presentation of Panel Discussion of New Developments in FELA in the 2009 meeting of the Railroad Section at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Justice in San Francisco, CA.
- Presentation of FELA and the Fear of Cancer in the 2011 meeting of the Railroad Section at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Justice in New York, New York.
- Governance Issues in a Not-For-Profit Organization, Graduate Level Class Lindenwood University, April 29, 2014.
The attorneys of Gavin Law Firm are licensed to practice law in Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, and Arkansas. William Gavin also licensed to practice law in the Supreme Court of the United States and numerous federal district courts in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, and Arkansas.